The Iran Novin Party (Modern Iran Party) entered the political life of Iran in the heat of the national revolution of Iran in the first days of the winter of the 2581 Shahanshahi (equal to 2023). The nature of this period in Iran’s history, the need to consolidate political parties and participate in politics, to help realize the ideals related to the establishment of the rule of law, and to try to realize and protect the good principle of freedom, made some members of the Farshgerd network and several other activists to establish a coherent political party to influence the political sphere in Iran. Based on this, the Iran Novin Party was founded to fulfill national-patriotic duties with a forward-looking approach.
The Iran Novin Party considers itself to be a continuation of the historical and progressive demands of the Iranian people, which originated decades ago from the constitutional movement and the wise thoughts of forefathers and emerged in the form of a paramount movement in the political and social sphere of Iran during the constitutional revolution. The demands were fulfilled to a large extent during the reign of two Pahlavi kings. Based on this, the Iran Novin Party considers itself a descendant of Iran’s constitutional revolution and evaluates the reign of the Pahlavi kings as an experience in fulfilling the demands of the constitutional revolution. According to the founders of this party, the Pahlavi kings took essential and practical steps in creating constitutional infrastructures, and with the help of the men and women of Iran, they succeeded to a great extent in this field.
The Iran Novin Party considers the constitutionalists’ wishes and the Pahlavi kings’ excellent experience as its light and believes that the great Reza Shah played a remarkable role in realizing many constitutional ideals. The slogan “Reza Shah Ruhat Shad” shouted in the streets of Iran is a testament to the Iranians’ awareness of the importance of his majesty’s outstanding efforts in realizing the demands of the constitutionalists and rebuilding Iran. That is why the great Reza Shah is alive in the mind and language of Iranians and at the heart of the Iranian revolutionary movement. Also, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, by continuing the path of his father, the founder of Modern Iran, and by attaining brilliant achievements in the fields of freedom, development, and security of the country, honoring the history and culture of Iran and raising the status of the country in the world, left a beloved name and a precious legacy.
The Iran Novin Party takes its name from a party with the same title founded in Iran in 2522 Shahshahi (1964). It was a party with young members who implemented the progressive principles of the white revolution with a modern approach and played an influential and fundamental role for over a decade. With a refined and contemporary view of politics and society, the Iran Novin Party, with the help of patriotic technocrats and relying on scientific management methods, was able to create a brilliant experience in the history of Iran’s statecraft and an undeniable contribution to the achievements of a proud past.
Unfortunately, in 1979, an ideological rebellion in which the outdated Islamic fundamentalists and stateless communists played a significant role appeared in awe of the “Islamic Revolution” and destroyed many of those ideals and achievements. However, patriotic and aware Iranians started their dissenting activities from the very first days of establishing the new regime. Over the years, the number of patriotic individuals mindful of the need to bring down the Islamic Republic and the intensity of their activities in pursuit of this goal has increased. To the extent that the historical nation of Iran has risen from the ashes like a phoenix and brave Iranian men and women not only look at the past with open eyes and with awareness but also put Iranian libertarian and patriotic ideas in the framework of historical self-awareness as the center of the national revolution movement.
Based on the foundation laid out in the prologue above, Iran Novin Party presents its mission in three significant areas of country and territory, government and politics, economy and society as follows:
Country and Territory
- The Iran Novin Party looks at Iran as the historical land of Iranians and evaluates Iran’s current national and territorial structure in a historical continuum from the glorious past before Islam to now.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that Iran is an ancient country in which the national ties have emerged naturally and that the Iranian nation had the most characteristics of a nation for centuries before the creation of the new concept of nation in Europe.
- The Iran Novin Party considers the history of Iranians as a source of pride and learning and attaches a special place to the ancient history of Iranians.
- The Iran Novin Party considers the Persian language the country’s national language based on historical evidence and does not find this in any way in conflict with the need to protect and strengthen and expand other languages and dialects in the country.
- The Iran Novin Party considers Iran to be for all Iranians; this land belongs entirely to all Iranians of any descent and linguistic background.
- The Iran Novin Party considers the country’s independence from the domination and influence of foreign governments or elements a national necessity and asserts its fundamental belief in Iran’s national and territorial integrity.
- The Iran Novin Party maintains that Iran is indivisible, opposes separatist activities, and considers them against Iran’s national security.
- Believing in the importance of administrative empowerment of the centers of provinces and cities, the Iran Novin Party considers the attempts to establish federalism in Iran as a cause for internal tension and conflict and stands against them accordingly.
- The Iran Novin Party does not consider Iran an “Islamic country” but “the country of Iran” that no religion, even if they are the majority, shall impose its identity and beliefs on the constitution of the country and the nation.
- The Iran Novin Party upholds the principle of legal equality among citizens, regardless of their religious or non-religious beliefs. They firmly oppose any notion that such views can affect this equality.
- The Iran Novin Party values Iranian history and national honors and deems safeguarding cultural and ancient heritage necessary.
- To preserve the country’s territorial and environmental heritage, the Iran Novin Party considers the observance of the principles of sustainable development as a prerequisite for any central development program.
- The Iran Novin Party considers the territorial integrity of Iran, the country’s environment, and Iran’s cultural heritage as a trust in the hands of every generation, which they must work hard to protect.
Government and Politics
- The Iran Novin Party upholds the values of liberal democracy in politics and sees secularism as a vital and unavoidable basis for it.
- The Iran Novin Party suggests that, given the nature of the mullahs’ institutions and the increasing imposition of their will in Iran, it is crucial to implement the most stringent measures in the secularization process of the government and the formulation of relevant legislation.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that good governance requires the rule of law. They see a stable democracy as one that follows a democratic rule of law, which is based on the separation of powers and ensures the fundamental rights of citizens.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that every citizen who has reached the legal age has the right to participate in elections to vote and be elected within the guidelines of democratic regulations.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that adhering to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights principles and provisions is crucial for maintaining a stable political environment in Iran.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that Iranian citizens have the right to participate in politics, which is crucial for achieving good governance.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that granting special privileges to people based on their religion, belief, ideology, or creed weakens the foundations of liberal democracy and violates the principle of legal equality.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that for good governance and to protect the rights of citizens, it is fundamental that the judicial system and its institutions be independent of the government and other executive institutions.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that all citizens have the right to freedom of speech and does not tolerate any public infringement of this right.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that security institutions are necessary for the country’s development and citizens’ freedom. However, it is against any security actions that infringe on the rights of citizens.
- The Iran Novin Party supports peaceful relationships with all countries worldwide, prioritizing Iran’s national interests. It believes implementing a practical approach is the most effective way to protect the country’s interests in foreign policy.
Economy and Society
- The Iran Novin Party believes in economic liberalism, and maintaining the security of private property is one of the foundations of the progress and development of society.
- The Iran Novin Party considers competition and meritocracy in all political, social, and economic spheres essential for the country’s progress.
- While believing in the market economy, the Iran Novin Party considers government regulations and market operation under the mentioned regulations inevitable.
- The Iran Novin Party believes it is necessary and reasonable for the government to provide security and macro-infrastructure, but it considers the government’s extensive economic interference undesirable.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that entrepreneurship should be promoted independently of the government to strengthen democracy in society. It also views the government’s exploitation of natural resources as something undesirable.
- The Iran Novin Party considers depositing national oil revenue into a national wealth fund. Fund resources should be managed according to the law, and regular reports should be submitted to Parliament. Citizens should also be kept informed about the fund’s activities.
- The Iran Novin Party opposes the idea of the government being financially independent of its citizens. It believes that the government’s budget should be funded through taxes paid by citizens.
- The Iran Novin Party considers it necessary to establish public and private social security systems under government regulations.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that the government has a fundamental duty to provide free education for all Iranian applicants, at least until the end of secondary school.
- The Iran Novin Party supports government policies that encourage civil society to protect the well-being of the community’s most vulnerable members.
- The Iran Novin Party believes that an independent judiciary plays a vital role in promoting a safe and stable business environment, which, in turn, encourages long-term investment in multiple sectors.
- The Iran Novin Party supports legalizing foreign nationals’ ownership of assets in Iran, believing it will promote the country’s development and progress.
- The Iran Novin Party supports the idea that free media is essential in promoting transparency in government institutions. It believes that the press should be independent of government control and should be active in clarifying the activities of these institutions to the public.
- The Iran Novin Party believes in the independence of the Central Bank of Iran from the country’s executive institutions. However, it also considers that the Parliament should oversee the activities of the Central Bank.
Iran Novin Party
January 08, 2023